Saturday, August 16, 2014

Conky for my desktop

Normally Conky is one of the first things that I install after installing my operating system. I have been using the same script that I used on my netbook for my desktop, although this was not perfect. The netbook only has a 10" monitor, while I am now working on a 17" monitor. Lots more screen space, and with that comes more space to display stuff.

My desktop also does not run on a battery, so I needed to remove that stat. I played around with colours and font sizes, as well I had more space now.

Here is my new conky ====>>>>>>>

And yes, my wifi reception really is 100%, at the present moment my desktop is only 1 meter away from the router, but once my log cabin is finished I will have about 10 meters or so.

Things I added:


  • Date & Time
  • More spaces between sections
  • Made Conky wider than on netbook
  • Connection quality for wifi

And, as always (as I do like to share) here is my Conky script:

background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Sans:size=8
xftalpha 1
update_interval 1.0
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type normal
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
double_buffer yes
minimum_size 250 840
maximum_width 400
draw_shades yes
draw_outline no
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
default_color green
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color white
alignment top_right
gap_x 12
gap_y 12
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 1024
uppercase no
cpu_avg_samples 2
override_utf8_locale no

own_window_argb_value 0
own_window_argb_visual no
own_window_colour 000000
TEXT
${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}SYSTEM ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=9}${color green}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
Host:$alignr$nodename
Uptime:$alignr$uptime

${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}TIME ${hr 2}

${color green} ${font :size=30}$alignc${time %H:%M:%S}
${voffset -30}${font :bold:size=10}$alignc${time %d %b. %Y}
${font :bold:size=10}$alignc${time %A}

${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}PROCESSORS ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=9}${color green}${cpugraph cpu1}
CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${cpubar cpu1}
TEMP: ${font sans-serif:bold:size=9}${color red}$alignr $acpitemp


${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}MEMORY ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${color green}RAM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
$membar


${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}DISKS ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=9}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_used_perc /}%
${fs_bar /}
${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}/home $alignc ${fs_used /home} / ${fs_size /home} $alignr ${fs_used_perc /home}%
${fs_bar /home}
SWAP $alignc ${swap} / ${swapmax} $alignr ${swapperc}%
${swapbar}


${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}TOP PROCESSES ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=9}${color green}${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top mem 1} %
${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top mem 2} %
$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 3} %
$font${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top mem 4} %
$font${top_mem name 5}${alignr}${top mem 5} %


${font sans-serif:bold:size=11}${color white}NETWORK ${hr 2}

${font sans-serif:normal:size=9}${color green}IP address: $alignr ${addr wlan0}
ESSID: $alignr ${wireless_essid wlan0}
${downspeedgraph wlan0}
DLS:${downspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr total: ${totaldown wlan0}
${upspeedgraph wlan0}
ULS:${upspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr total: ${totalup wlan0}
Connection quality: $alignr ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%

No comments:

Post a Comment