Friday, July 26, 2013

I meet an old friend! PDFTK

I have used PDFTK in Windows as a portable app (thanks Portable Apps!) and today I needed to combine a few PDF's again. A quick Google search got me onto PDF Shuffler, which in my experience, does not work on Peppermint 4 (or Ubuntu according to an article I read).

My next option was PDF Chain, a GUI for PDFTK (which I really love). This program has helped me combine hundreds of PDF's into 1 file, place watermarks onto PDF's and split and recombine PDF files. It is an amazing piece of software and every printing shop needs to have this (I used to work in a printing shop and this came in real handy at times).

It can join (concatenate), split, stamp and even rotate PDF files.

Let's install PDF Chain:

  • Open a Terminal (Click Menu >> Accessories >> Terminal)
  • Type in sudo apt-get install pdfchain , press <ENTER>
  • Type your password, and press <ENTER>
  • Confirm the install

It is now installed in the Office section of your Menu.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment