Saturday, July 27, 2013

So I got tired of double clicking

Computer mice have been around for a while now, I have used a lot of different ones in my time. This morning I started thinking about double clicking again. I've been double clicking, because that is the Windows default way of doing things (single click to select) - but I don't have to. So I enabled single click on Peppermint.

Here's how to do it:

  • Open PCManFM
  • Click on Edit
  • Click Preferences
  • Click on Open files with a single click

These instructions are specific to LXDE, which uses PCManFM as it's default file manager.


Other desktop interfaces:

To do this in KDE: (if it's not the default)

  • Click "Start"
  • Go to System Settings
  • Open Keyboard and Mouse
  • Click the Double click to open files and folders radio button
  • Confirm if you have to, or close the window


To do this in Gnome 2:

  • Open your file browser (Nautilus)
  • Click on Edit
  • Click on Preferences
  • Click the Behaviour tab
  • Click the radio button for Single click to activate items
  • Click Close


To do this in Gnome 3:

  • Open your file browser
  • Click on File (top left)
  • Click Preferences
  • Go to the Behaviour tab 
  • Click Enable single click
  • Click Close


To do this in Unity:

I found a tutorial on this, click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment